There are a number of little tricks we play In order to obtain the best data quality in the most user friendly way:
- Motorize all movements including crystal scanning and tuning.
- Operate in vacuum to limit loss to absorption and increase noise due to air-scatter.
- Increase the intensity of the beam by using pre-collimating multilayer optics.
- Supply compact sample environment to limit absorption and loss of intensity due to loss of intensity in the non-collimated beam direction.
- Allow tuning the instrument resolution by providing an option to use different crystals.
- Allow change of the incident wavelength from Molybdenum to Copper by changing the tube.
Just the little tricks we play.