The powerful workhorse
The Mat:Nordic is SAXSLAB’s newest product for material science: a workhorse SAXS/WAXS/GISAXS/GIWAXS/XRR instrument.
In many ways, the Mat:Nordic resembles other commercially available point-focus SAXS systems. But it is a unique instrument, incorporating a number of advanced features from our top-of-the-line GANESHA. The Mat:Nordic embodies SAXSLAB’s commitment to bring its innovations beyond the realm of the absolute high end and into reach of materials scientists across the globe.
Below is a list of the main specifications of the Mat:Nordic.
- High-brilliance micro-focus source
- Collimation with 2 slits with single crystal blades
- Standard size in-vacuum sample area
- On-axis sample viewing
- Three-axis sample goniometer with 2 translations and a GISAXS-rotation
- In-vacuum Pilatus 300K operated in the unique DirectBeam mode
- Continuously variable sample-to-detector distance allowing measurements from Extreme SAXS q=0.0025 Å-1 to WAXS up to q=2.8 Å-1
- Intuitive GUI for execution of standard operations and advanced scripting
- Automated measurement of sample transmission and total beam-flux
- Real-time data-display, and data-reduction during data-acquisition
- Removal of cosmic background by proprietary SAXSLAB routines
- Reporting of data in absolute intensity units (derived without use of standards)
- Option to include movable 2nd detector for WAXS
The following sample environments are available for the Mat:Nordic
- Ambient Plate for multiple solid samples
- Ambient Capillary Plate for mounting of single use capillary
- Ambient Plate for gel-like samples
- Ambient Stage for up to 5 GISAXS/GIWAXS samples
- JSP Stage for thermocontrolled mounting of refillable capillaries
- Thermal Stage for advanced studies on solids, liquids, gels, powders as well as GISAXS/GIWAXS
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry
- Environmental Cell for thermostated non-vacuum/controlled gas studies
- Humidity Generator for Environmental Cell
The best workhorse system around
The Mat:Nordic packs a considerable arsenal of functionality and versatility, making it the ideal choice for a multi-purpose workhorse instrument in any modern day materials science lab.
Please contact us for further discussions or demonstration of how the Mat:Nordic may benefit your lab.
If you need more flexibility, functionality, customization than the Mat:Nordic can provide, please take a look at our GANESHA.